<$meta name="rosacea" content = "skin disorder,treatment,symptoms"$>

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Red Flags

When the first tingles and itching of a flare-up occur, that is the signal to stop immediately and breathe deeply. From a calm and centered place, begin to think of what occurred prior to the break out. What was I thinking? What were my emotions? What was I feeling? What did I eat/drink? What was the environment I was in? Who were the people I was around? When does my monthly cycle begin?

By asking these questions you can begin to see patterns in how redness and inflammation appears and how you can prevent it. I saw the little red bumps literally as little red flags that were popping up to let me know that my body was out of balance. Where and when the flares occur can tell you alot about how your body is reacting to certain stimuli, whether it be internal or external. Where breakouts occur on the face correlate to specific internal organs. The forehead corresponds to the intestines and elimination. If you have blemishes there you should reduce fat, rich, hard to digest foods such as red meat, dairy products, oils, nuts and sweets. The cheeks correspond to the liver (on the left side) and lungs (on the right side) and the stomach. Avoid hot spicy foods such as peppers, garlic, onions etc. The nose is associated with the entire body. If the nose is inflamed, then the diet must be cooling. Blemishes on the chin are hormone related. For breakouts during PMS, eat only cooling foods and herbs.

Use the red flags as a map to locate the hot spots and cool them down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home